Sunday, September 1, 2019

Editing and Rewriting The Maura Adventures (Season 1)

Day 1 (8/1/19): Reviewing and Editing Chapter 1. Gotta start somewhere. Instead, I ended up working on a submission. 

Day 2 (8/2/19)
I REALLY started to edit and rewrite parts of the first chapter. I also ended up taking out a hefty amount of filler. My goal was 3000 words and I met that, even after taking things out. I guess it was a good thing. I aim to keep the exposition at a minimum and the action going. 

Day 3 (8/3/19)
I started the second chapter, but I'm nervous about this one, like I don't want to read it, sort of thing. Then I remember, I'm revising this stupid thing for a reason.

I rewrote most of Chp 1 instead, so I'll have to catch up tomorrow with Chapter 2. 

Day 4 (8/4/19)
I finally finished editing and it was mostly rewriting things. There are a few chapters I plan to rewrite in their entirety. I just don't know if I can do that in only two days.

Well, Jesse just met Aadya, who saved him from getting sold to the black market. I'm moving onto to Connor's Debut. Or rather --- ----- Sorry. Spoilers. 

Day 5 (8/5/19)
(Didn't Update or Edit)

Day 6 (8/6/19)
I started editing Eps (Episode) 3, and I'm already thinking about Eps 4.

I don't know why you're watching me suffer, but alright...

I rewrote and added things mainly, as it's been almost an exact month I've written this chapter. So, I'm just as confused. I edited mostly on the computer but some edits were on the sheet I printed. Ctrl + F is a beautiful thing.

Day 7 (8/7/19)
I started working on Episode 4. 

Day 8 (8/8/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 9 (8/9/19)
I started rewriting some things in the fifth episode. I haven't gotten around the Forth, but I'm still trying to keep myself on track.

Day 10 (8/10/19)
I started Hemingway Editor again and catching all my passive voice. 

Day 11 (8/11/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 12 (8/12/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 13 (8/13/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 14 (8/14/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 15 (8/15/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 16 (8/16/19)
I started Editing again, I haven't been updating the past few days, but I did manage to actually edit those days. The first ten days will be published, and then there will be a two-month Hiatus and then Publishing will resume as usual. 

Day 17 (8/17/19)
Man, Jesse's mean in Chp 8 and 9. Personally, I don't know if I want 8 and 9 to be Jesse or Wilson centric, but, eventually, I leaned into Wilson centric. He's alone, he doesn't know what's happening ad he's teamed up with the very kid he screwed over. I hoped I'd get the time to let Aadya give him a good boot in the ass, but I never got around to it. 

I guess seeing it through Jesse's eyes is understandable as he was sold as an object. I went over this chapter a couple times with editing software and a few new eyes in my circles, but it didn't satisfy me as I'd hoped. 

I started filling come cracks and rewrite some scenes, in the end, and I moved on to the second part. 

Day 18 (8/18/19)
Happy B-Day to a 20-something Percy!

Got that out of the way, now...

Episode 8, Pt Two, or Episode 9. Whatever you want to call it.

Day 19 (8/19/19)
I managed to get some done, mostly chp 9, and some of 10, but I might rewrite a bit of 10. I added more in 9.  

Day 20 (8/20/19)
I finally got around to fully editing 10. Jeez, my syntax is god-awful... 

Day 21 (8/21/19)
I'm rewriting some of Chp 10. 

Day 22 (8/22/19)
No work done. 

Day 23 (8/23/19)
I think I'm going to rewrite a few things in Chp 1 and 4. 

Day 24 (8/24/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 25 (8/25/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 26 (8/26/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 27 (8/27/19)
Due to a new job, I ended up cutting back on editing, But I managed to add some and re-edit chapter 1. 

Day 28 (8/28/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 29 (8/29/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 30 (8/30/19)
(Didn't Update)

Day 31 (8/31/19): Que the QUEUE!!! (AKA: I'm going to schedule everything. A new chapter comes every Sunday, from September 1st and on out. The next season is planned to be written in June of 2020.)

Check out Chapter 1! >>> Here

No comments:

Post a Comment