Sunday, June 30, 2019

Harry Potter Spells Book Tag

Made by whoever runs Dreamland Book Blog


Flagrate
A book you found interesting but want to rewrite. 
Not that I'd want to rewrite it, but I'd wish Spellslinger's style was more like Traitor's blade. De Castell has a hell of a talent for writing fight scenes. There's almost a distinct slowness about Spellslinger's writing style. I do wish the pacing was a little quicker. 

Alohamora
A first book that got you hooked. 
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud. It got me back into reading, as a double, after a depression I had. 

Accio
A book you wish you had. 
DOCTOR!!! 
Crownbreaker. 

Avada Kedavra
A Killer Book
Ptolemy's Gate. It made me cry for the first time in a while. 

Confundo
A Confusing Book
Queenslayer, because I'm not into Politics a shit ton... So, I don't know the stakes of reputations as I should. Aside from the Life-or-death match of cards... 

Expecto Patronum (There are two, but I'm going the Childhood prompt)
A childhood book connected to good memories
The Bartimaeus Trilogy (Reading it twice as a kid to a grown adult made me realize holy shit this is dark...)

Sectumsempra 
An exceedingly dark book. 
See Above. 

Expelliarmus
A book that took you by surprise. 
A Darker Shade of Magic. Romance took a damn backseat for once!

Prior Incantatum
Latest read
The Silver Scar

Riddikulus
A Funny Read
Golem's Eye and Ptloemy's Gate. the series is still pretty dark, especially for a children's book. 

Sonorus
A book you think everyone should know about. 
This is kinda weird, but Timekeeper by Tara Sim. This is if you like LGTBQ Clock/Steampunk.

Obliviate
A book or spoiler you would like to forget having read
The End of Traitor's Blade. With *******. (These polite asterisks are telling you to read it yourself.)

Imperio
A Book you had to read for school. 
Believe it or not... Maximum Ride. I was 12, so I liked the first three back then. Then I read the series again. I do still have the third of the Fugitives series. It's the only one I liked. 

Crucio
A torturous read. 
Get ready for me. After. 

Diffindo
A Book you could sever from its series. 
Soulbinder. I know Kellen is a traveller, but it just doesn't tie in with the previous adventures. Unless it's tying in with Crowbreaker... I don't know. 

Flipendo
A book that repels you. 
More like repulses me. See Crusio, After by Anna Todd. I'll be posting that review when I articulate my thoughts without the curse words. 

Stupefy
A Book that left you speechless. 
Ptolemy's Gate. THAT ENDING, WHY STROUD?!

Yay, so if you haven't figured it out, I am obsessed with some and it'll seem like I don't read a shit ton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment